This is my own Peach Cobbler Recipe that is sweet and yummy.
1-29oz can of peaches in heavy syrup
3-tbsp of butter
1-cup of milk
1-cup of self-rising flour
1-cup of sugar
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of cinnamon
2- Medium size bowls
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Put butter in pan and place in oven to melt. Once the butter is melted, take it out the oven and make sure the bottom of the pan is covered in butter.
3. Mix the sugar, flour, and milk together in one of the bowls and set aside.
4. Now pour the peaches into the other bowl and mix in the pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.
5. Pour the peaches into the pan and spread them to cover the bottom. Now pour the flour mixture over it. (no need to spread it)
6. Place in the oven for about 45minutes.
7. Take out the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
Chicken Fried Catfish with Southern Green Beans (Yum!)
I have two other blogs (one that I use to talk about my research for school and the other that I have a few of my recipes on). I only put four recipes on my food blog so therefore I am just going to slowly move those recipes over to this blog as well as add new ones. Excited yet? lol. I know the title of this post makes your mouth water. It absolutely should. This is a simple dish to make and will have your entire family in smiles. Hope you try it. :-)
Chicken Fried Catfish w/ A Side of Green Beans
2 Catfish Fillets
1-can of green beans
1/2 cup of milk
3 tbsp of seafood seasoning
1 tbsp Accent Flavor Enhancer
1/2 teaspoon for green beans
1 cup of flour
3 slices of bacon
Pinch of ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp of salt
Deep fryer or deep skillet as these fillets were deep fried; They can also be pan fried.
Chicken Fried Catfish
Turn on the heat for your deep fryer. (I put mine on medium high)
1. In a bowl, mix egg, milk, and 1 tbsp of seafood seasoning. Set aside.
2. In another bowl (or zip lock bag), mix flour, 2tbsp of seafood seasoning and 1tbsp of Accent.
3. Now, wash your catfish, dip it into the egg mixture then dip it into the flour mixture then lay it on a plate. Repeat this for the other fillets.
4. When your deep fryer is hot enough (Check this by dropping a pinch of flour into the grease. If it starts bubbling up and frying, it's ready), drop catfish fillets in it.
5. Let them fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown) and then take em out and place them on some paper towels to drain the oil.
Green beans Recipe
1. Drain the green beans then fry the bacon.
2. In the same skillet you fry the bacon in, pour the entire can of green beans into it. (Do NOT drain the grease from the bacon).
3. Now add 1/2 teaspoon of Accent, the ground black pepper, and the salt.
4. Cook on medium heat for about 15minutes.
5. Let cool for about 10 minutes to let the juices soak up into the string beans.